Caden caught a stomach bug. Sucks. He’s had diarrhea these last couple days and because of that he’s developed a mean diaper rash. I mean, it’s bad. I know it hurts him because he barely sits down and he cries every time I try to put diaper cream on him. Poor little guy. So, of course being the Google queen I am; I’ve been Googling all sorts of home remedies to try and help my little guy out.
Here are a few steps you can take if your little one ever gets bad diaper rash.
- Change diapers instantly when they are wet or dirty. You will go through a TON of diapers. Just saying.
- Gently wash the area. If it’s really bad don’t use baby wipes instead use wet paper towels.
- Let the area dry completely before you put on another diaper. If you put the diaper on when they are still wet it will just make things worse.
- Baking Soda or Sitz bath 3 times a day. (I just sprinkled the baking soda in the tub, but I’ve read that you are suppose to put 2 tablespoons in the tub.) Let them sit in the water for about 10 minutes. Once they get out make sure they are completely dry before putting on another diaper.
- Diaper Cream. Given.
- Lots of Naked Time. This one can be tricky because well if they have diarrhea it can happen at anytime, right. If anything take them outside and let them be one with nature .
We’ve been giving him plenty of fluids too! I’m hoping this doesn’t last too long.
If you have any home remedies for diaper rash, please share!!